Sunday, July 24, 2005

What is the state of being as experienced by the Trinity?

I think the trinity is difficult to understand because we are seperate from God and each other.

Seperation is the human condition, we understand it. Until we come to the relationship with God, where He is in us and us in Him, ... and then we only have a taste of the 'one with God' (Jhn 17:11) existence the trinity lives in, ... we flounder to understand it, much less explain it.

Jhn 17:11 - And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

What is the state of being as experienced by the Trinity? I have asked this question and meditated on it for some time. I will post in another thread an experience of exploring it I had while in prayer.

I cringe to say such because it is sooo inadequate an explanation, but so far the only way I can share it is: with man it is, 1 + 1 + 1 but with God it is 1 X 1 X 1. They speak the same thing to us in different voices. It is harmonious.

BUT harmony like this is enjoined on christians: 'be of one accord', 'mind the same things', 'be of one mind'. Harmony like this is part of our portion 'in Him'!

Have you ever sat back and listened to the collective droning of the pompousness of people? It is discordant. Lord, show us You and your ways!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home