Sunday, July 24, 2005

I have told you before about the "self filter" I have told you in order to see others you need to get over that .. to be a listener .. to really be able to help others .. you need to observe how often your thoughts revolve around yourself .. It does weary me .. I know it wearies you!

Humor me.. take a piece of paper and draw an outline of your hand this line drawing is .. flatland .. the line drawing is LIKE your hand but your hand is NOT like the drawing .. it is much more... this is an analogy of how we .. in flatland.. are not like God who is beyond created dimension

as Christians we have the privledge of knowing and connecting with that "Other" that is not human .. for me.. contemplating the otherness of God has increased my faith, helped me to see myself and others thru His eyes..

this is an exercise in thinking about how God is not like me... (and hopefully how other humans are not like me either ...for one thing .. you could come and set next to me and we could connect as best as we can .. but God actually occupies the same space as us .. living in us ... closer than any human possibly can... in reality, others are always separate ... different... than us

and .. "u r the one with the wisdom. . .i just putter along in life" this comparative is the inverse of the "similar experience" scenrio .. and also flatland... we have a God bigger than both of us .. and in Him is wisdom for anyone who asks

wisdom comes and stays with,,, humility before the BIG guy ..

oh man ... flatland is a loud place that makes us think this is reality ... the 3D world is only our persception of the real . and it is a snapshot compared to .. moving pictures, holograms, .. no actually something outside of the known and unknown universe... God is bigger than everything created .. He is the Creator..

He has no edges, boundaries.. we have edges. We are "naked" ..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home